Sunday, May 20, 2007

Teammate's Blog - Digg

While reading my teammate's blogs, I found an interesting post about Digg on
Drew Turner's Blog. We talked about Digg in class, but Drew actually added an article to the site. He said that creating an article and adding a story was very simple. This inspired me to check out Digg for myself. I found that Digg provided an interesting array of stories. This is a completely different way for people to access news. There are stories from a variety of topics, and from a variety of sources. Digg is just another example of how the internet shifts power to the common person. Stories on Digg's homepage were not picked by editors of major news websites, but instead by the users of Digg. Considering the ease of use and the variety of stories offered by Digg, I think Digg will continue to grow in popularity and become more mainstream in the next few months.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Thanks for the little name drop. I hope that Alex reads that, I could use any extra points that he has to offer.

on another note, your summary of your Wikipedia edits was great. You broke down everything to perfection, I found it very well put together.