Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wikipedia Edit - Paderno del Grappa

I just completed another edit to the Paderno del Grappa page on Wikipedia. This article has become very difficult to edit. Paderno is a very small town, and there is not much information available about the town. Furthermore, since it is located in Italy, a great deal of the information that is available is in Italian. From my time in Paderno (and Italy), I got the impression that the Italians are less inclined to use technology than Americans. This is merely a cultural difference, as the Italians, in general, have a more relaxed way of life. Family is valued more than business. I say all of this, because I suspect that any information that may be available about the history of the town is not available on the web. Since there is no more content I can add to the page, I added an external links section. In the external links section, I put a link to a Google Map of Paderno del Grappa and a link to a translated version of the Paderno del Grappa website. The link to the map will allow people to see the exact location of the town and the proximity to other towns. I chose to put a translated link to the town's website since this is the English Wikipedia article. (There is also an articl about Paderno in Italian). People who choose to read this article on Wikipedia are English speakers, therefore a translated link is appropriate. Should Paderno publish more information on the website, this link will allow Wikipedia readers to discover this information.

No comments: