Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wikipedia Edit - Edwin Austin Abbey

I just made my first edit to the Edwin Austin Abbey Wikipedia page. The information on the page was short and lacking detail, so I added information about Abbey's early life. I also included links to other Wikipedia articles where appropriate in my edit. The last time a member of the Wikipedia community edited this article was less than a week ago, so I expect to get some reaction to my edit. The following is the text I added to the article:

"He studied art at [[the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts]] under Christian Schuessele. Abbey began as an illustrator, producing numerous illustrations and sketches for such magazines as [[Harper's Weekly]] and [[Scribner's Magazine]]. His illustrations began appearing in
[[Harper's Weekly]]at an early age: before Abbey was twenty years old. Abbey was an
illustrator with [[Harper's Weekly]] from 1871-1874."

1 comment:

Sophia said...

Your blog is very much valuable information. I'd like to recommend my term paper. Hope you will find it useful.