Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wikipedia Edit - Violet Oakley

I just completed another edit to the Violet Oakley Wikipedia Page. Like the others, there have been no changes to the article since my last edit. I began by adding an external link to the Violet Oakley biography by the PA CPC. I then added some information about the Pre-Raphaelite influence on Oakley. The previous version of the article drew the connection between Oakley and the Pre-Raphalites, but it did not explain the connection. I added the following text which illustrates how the Pre-Raphealite influence manifested in Oakley's work:

Like the Pre-Raphaelites, Oakley's works utilize color, capture luminosity, and portray philosophical beliefs. (Violet Oakley was committed to ideals of world peace, and wished to express this in her work.)

No comments: