Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wikipedia Edit - Edwin Austin Abbey

I just made another edit to the Edwin Austin Abbey Wikipedia Article. This article has not been edited by another user since my last edit over a week ago. I first added an external link to the Pennsylvania Capitol Preservation Committee's Biography on Abbey. Since Abbey completed a lot of work in the Capitol, this biography is useful. By exploring this external link, someone could find out a great deal of information regarding Abbey, and the Capitol as a whole. I also fixed a spot in the page where a link to another Wikipedia page merged with a word. Finally, I added some additional information about Edwin Austin Abbey's artwork. The article completely neglected to discuss his works in the House Chamber, so I made mention of this. I also added more extensive information about his frieze at the Boston Public Library.

The following is the paragraph from the Abbey article to which I made extensive edits. Some of this paragraph existed in the previous version of the article, but the majority I just added. Here is the paragraph as it now reads:

He completed murals for the Boston Public Library in the 1890s. The frieze for the Library was titled "The Quest for the Holy Grail." It took Abbey eleven years to complete this series of murals in his England studio. In 1908-1909, Abbey painted a number of murals and other artworks for the rotunda of the new Pennsylvania State Capitol in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. His works in that building include allegorical medallions representing Science, Art, Justice, and Religion in the Capitol Rotunda, large lunette murals underneath the Capitol dome, and a number of works in the House Chamber.

No comments: