Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wikipedia Edit - Violet Oakley

I just made my second edit to the Violet Oakley Wikipedia article. Since my last edit, this article has only received minor formatting changes including linked dates and an information box. I added information about Oakley's works in the Governor's Reception Room in the Capitol. The following is the text I added to the article:

"Oakley was originally commissioned only for the murals in the Governor's Grand Reception Room, which she titled "The Founding of the State of Liberty Spiritual." In the fourteen reception room murals, Oakley depicts the story of William Penn and the founding of Pennsylvania. She conducted extensive research on the subject, even traveling to England. The series of murals was unveiled in the new Capitol Building in November 1906, shortly after the dedication of the building."

The Violet Oakley article began as a very short article. I have added a lot of additional information about Oakley's life and her work as an artist. Hopefully others will be able to contribute even more to this article.

No comments: