Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wikipedia Edit - Henry Chapman Mercer

I just completed my third edit to the Henry Chapman Mercer Wikipedia Article.. The first thing I added was an information box about Mercer. This box should be helpful as quick reference to anyone looking at the article. The information box was extremely easy to add. I simply copied the code from another article which included the information box and pasted it into the code for the Mercer article. I then changed the information in the box to be appropriate for Mercer. I also added some additional text to the article. There was not much more that I could add to the article since I already included almost everything I know about Mercer. I added some information about Mercer's beliefs/influences, and a brief sentence about the Mercer Museum. I made sure to include links to other Wikipedia articles where appropriate. Below is the text that I added to the article in this edit:

Mercer believed that the American society was being destroyed by industrialism, which inspired his search for American Artifacts. Mercer founded Moravian Pottery and Tile Works in 1898 after apprenticing himself to a Pennsylvania German potter. Mercer was also influenced by the American Arts and Crafts Movement.

The Mercer Museum houses over forty thousand artifacts from early American society.

No comments: